Welcome to RightHear, an online service that helps blind, visually impaired and people with orientation disabilities, orient themselves at venues in which the Service is deployed (the “Service”).
We at Zikitapp Ltd. (“Zikitapp”, “we”, “us”, “our”) respect your privacy.
Providing us the information is a choice you make. We appreciate that and thank you for making this choice. You are not legally obligated to provide us with this information, but we do need it to allow you to use the Services.
1. Information we collect or access. The App detects your mobile device’s geolocation, both when the App is active and inactive, but we do not store this data. We use third party analytics tools to collect information about your use of the App. We also collect information about your mobile device, including its model, operating system and unique device identifiers.
2. Using the information we collect. We use the information we collect to operate the Service, improve and customize them and develop new services.
3. Access to Information. You may request to access your information, or have us update, correct or delete such information, if the law provides you those rights and to the extent that it is practicable.
4. Aggregated information. We may use the information we collect from you to create de-identified, statistical or aggregated information, and make it available to others for any purpose.
5. Retention. We retain the information for as long as we deem necessary for the purpose it was first obtained.
6. Security. We implement measures to reduce the risks of damage and unauthorized access or use of information, but they do not provide absolute information security.
7. Children privacy. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children who are under 13 years of age.
8. Changes to the Policy. We may change this Policy, by putting you on notice of such changes. Your continued use of the App after the changes take effect indicates your acceptance of the amended Policy.
The Service is based on Accessibility Spots. Venues in which the Service is deployed (“Venues”) have specially designated accessibility spots scattered throughout the building. The App helps you orient yourself at the venue based on the communications that the App receives from those accessibility spots.
The App uses your mobile phone’s Text-to-Speech. The App uses your mobile smartphone’s Text-to-Speech capability to provide you orientation information. You can listen to this information with your device’s speakers, or with the use of earphones.
Call for further assistance. If the Venue operates an assistance helpdesk and has configured the Service to provide access to this helpdesk, then you may use the App to call the Venue’s representative for assistance. If that case, the App will place the call through your device’s telephone. Telephone charges may apply in accordance with your mobile subscription plan at your cellular provider. IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY, CALL YOUR LOCAL EMERGENCY DISPATCH CENTER IMMEDIATELY – DO NOT USE THE APP’S ASSISTANCE FEATURE.
Geolocation. The App detects your mobile device’s geolocation in order to provide you orientation information. The App detects your mobile device’s geolocation also when the App is inactive, in order to notify you when you approach a Venue in which the Service is deployed. We do not, however, store this geolocation information.
Analytical data. We use third party analytics tools to collect information about your use of the App. For example, we may record the frequency and scope of your use of the App, the duration of your sessions, the interactions and communications you make with the App’s interface.
Device Information. We collect information about your mobile device, including its model, operating system, unique device identifiers, mobile network information and the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you accessed the Service.
We do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children who are under 13 years of age.
Your consent serves as the legal basis for processing your information. You may withdraw consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of data processing we carried out based on your consent before such withdrawal.
We may use the information we collect for the following purposes:
We may share the information outlined in this Policy, with others, in any of the following instances:
In accordance with applicable law and operational limitations, you may ask to access the information about you that is stored in our systems, or have us update, correct or delete such information. You are also entitled to ask to transfer your data to another provider (‘data portability’ right), in accordance with the law. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, contact us at: email@example.com.
We may use the information we collect, as outlined above, to compile anonymized or aggregated information. We may share, sell or otherwise communicate and make available such anonymized or aggregated information to any other third party, at our sole discretion. However, we will not share information that can be reasonably used to identify you without your consent.
We may store and process information in the EU and in other countries such as the United States. We may also process information using cloud services. The laws in those other countries may provide a lesser degree of data protection than the laws of your own country. You agree to the transfer of your information to such other countries for the purpose of processing as described in this Policy, including through cloud services.
We implement measures to reduce the risks of damage, loss of information and unauthorized access or use of information. These measures do not provide absolute information security. Therefore, it is not guaranteed and you cannot expect that the Services will be immune from information security risks.
The following disclosure is made pursuant to the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time; and to submit a complaint to the relevant supervisory data protection authority.
We retain information for as long as we deem necessary for the purposes set forth above. We may delete information from our systems, without notice to you, once we deem it is no longer necessary for the purposes set forth above.
We may change this Policy. We will provide you notice of such changes through the App’s interface. Your continued use of the Service constitutes your consent to the amended Policy. If you do not consent to the amended Policy, we may terminate your account and block your access to, and use of, the Service.
You may contact us with any questions or comments, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective date of the policy: January 1, 2017 (v1.0)